Many people seem to get positive results when trying to lose weight with fad diets. Websites abound all over the Internet with claims of a significant amount of weight loss in a very short amount of time. But don’t be fooled because the weight you lose won’t be permanent. The weight loss is usually composed of 90% water. Because we need water to survive, you will gain the weight right back as soon as you rehydrate your body…and you had better rehydrate your body unless you want to suffer the health consequences.
Although not an obvious crash diet, other types of fad diets are still over hyped diet plans that are more fashionable and much more expensive. If you want to start a business, creating a hyped up diet plan can make you a lot of money, but probably for only a short time. Don’t get me wrong though. Some of these types of fad diet plans have good nutritional value and may certainly help you lose weight. The only problem is that you most likely could have received a good nutritional plan for free from your own doctor. On the other hand, some of these diet plans will prove to be so hard to follow, you will probably give up after a week.
So…why are fad diets so bad…
1. Quick and easy weight loss promised by some diet plans are usually based on eating more of one type of food while ignoring other foods. I do not feel these types of diets are good for you because it negates the “balanced diet” approach to losing weight. The benefits of a balanced diet by digesting a variety of foods is that you body will be able to absorb nutrients from one food type that is not found in another food type.
2. These fad diet programs may also want you to take supplements along with the plan. The problem is that many supplements don’t get absorbed by the body unless taken with foods that the weight loss diet program has banned. This makes it possible to devolop nutritional deficiencies if you stick with the plan too long.
3. Trust me, there is nothing exciting about fad diets. They are way too strict and quite boring. You may be fine for the first few days, if that. Because you are lacking a variety of food groups, certain food cravings will begin to develop and you will break your diet plan. Guilty feelings start to prevail and you end up just blaming yourself for not being able to lose weight.
4. The American Heart Association, among others, have fat level recommendation guidelines that most fad diet programs do not follow. Many times they may even recommend high fat foods along with low carbohydrate levels as well. Long term use of this type of regimen may lead to heart disease. Some diet plan promoters will tell you that this program should only be followed for a short time, but that is just not long enough to reach your weight loss goals.
5. You should always include ample variety of fruits and vegetables in your weight loss plan, and a lot of fad diet plans just do not give you enough support for these essential foods.
6. Any quick weight loss diet programs are just a temporary solution and don’t support you to make permanent changes in the way you eat. Proper eating habits come with time and discipline. But once the habit has been established, you won’t even think about it. It will just become a natural part of your day. Fad diets just encourage yo-yo diet binges, where you lose weight fast and then gain it back just as fast. Not only is this bad for your health, it’s bad for your self esteem too. How would you feel if one day your best friend was so happy you lost weight only to see them disappointed when you gained it back again a short time later.
7. I don’t care what all the advertising says about these types of diets. They are no good – PERIOD! If you truly want to lose weight, and maintain the goal you set for yourself, is to eat a variety of healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, certain fish and meats for protein, etc.). Chew your food well to make yourself feel fuller and for your body to absorb nutrients easier. Start exercising and try to maintain a regular schedule. And…most of all…avoid fad diets.
* * * * * * * * * *
If you’re still look for a fast way to lose weight, why fall for the hype of the fad diet industry. Because it’s FAT you want to lose and not water, the best product available that I know of is also one of the most successful online weight loss products on the Internet. Fat Loss 4 Idiots has been sold all over the world and people love what it has done for them. Check them out at www.NewFastWeightLoss.com