For hundreds of years the people in the Amazon region of Brazil have eaten a powerful little fruit called the Acai Berry. Growing atop 150 foot palm-like trees, the Brazilian people have found it worth their while to shinny up these trees to pick the berries and carry them back down in baskets.
Only 10% of the berry is actually fruit, as the other 90% is a large seed. The berries must be harvested by the thousands and then finally processed to separate the seed from the pulp and eventually the remains are rendered into a puree.
The people in this country have recently discovered the amazing benefits of the Acai berry. American scientists and nutritionists have studied the value of the berries and their findings have been truly astonishing.
Whenever their highly acclaimed soccer players frequently make the Acai berry the majority of their meals prior to a match, it is obviously evident that they are acknowledging the immense energy and stamina that the Acai berry can bring them! In fact, the Acai berries have an exceptionally high amount of antioxidants, which delivers a fascinating amount of greater energy to the human body!
Another major nutrient in Acai berry is carbohydrates. It is carbohydrates in the diet that helps store and deliver energy throughout the body. They also work to help the body process food and keep the body, tissue and immune system functioning well. It has been shown that a 40 to 65% of our energy source should come from carbohydrates.
Especially in industrialized nations, such as the United States, the high levels of pollution, chemicals and additives in our diets has begun to create problems for our health. The free radicals that come from these things upset the natural balance of the body and cause damage to our cells. Antioxidants such as vitamin C and E help protect the body by removing these harmful elements. The Acai berry, with its tremendous antioxidant properties is an excellent option for dealing with free radicals and ridding our bodies of their negative impact.
The Acai berry is just one of those natural sources that apparently have been helping the Brazillians remain relatively free from many of the illnesses plaguing the Western World. It is thought that this is directly attributable to the Acai berry. The Acai contains essential fatty acids, iron, proteins, fiber, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B2, and Vitamin B1. Most importantly though, it also contains Omega 6 and Omega 9, which have been found to be strong antioxidants!
The antioxidants contained in the Acai berry and the amino acids help lower the risk of heart attack and heart disease. The phytosterols which are naturally occurring plant phytochemicals help the body burn fat more efficiently and process food more effectively. These elements make Acai berry a powerful addition to any weight loss program. In addition it can lower a persons cholesterol by up to 15%.
The antioxidants and the essential fatty acids in Acai berries work together to lower LDL or bad cholesterol and raise HDL or good cholesterol in the body. The essentials acids boost the bodys absorption of the valuable vitamins A, E, D and K.
In addition to the health benefits mentioned, Acai berries improve the bodys natural anti-viral and anti-bacterial agents helping those who eat them resist disease and illness. It also helps ward off glaucoma and macular degeneration and improves eyesight.
Aiding the digestion, Acai berry has vital enzymes that aid the digestion process. If you suffer from digestive problems such as acid reflux, irritable bowel or the like, an Acai product may help cure this problem for you.
Acai berry pulp also contains elements such as Vitamin B the helps regulate the bodys level of dopamine and serotonin, the very things that help you sleep well and restore and relax your muscles. A good nights sleep on a regular basis is essential to good health.
Acai berries have been shown to have such amazing health benefits, that they are an exceptionally good thing to add to your diet.