If I want to know how to lose weight one method I like to use when I want to do something is to put those answers in print and then tape it in a prominent position where I will always see it. With Winter on its way, trying to keep the weight off and staying in shape is a little tougher to do. Sometimes, having the words in front of me is enough to rejuvenate me.
Anyway, we are talking about how to lose weight – and preferably, how to lose it fast! These 15 easy diet tips are enough to help you shed that extra 10 pounds of unwanted fat. The key here is to focus on what you’re eating. After all, the greatest weight loss tip in the world is useless if you have nothing but junk food at home. Start replacing at least some junk food with fresh tasty, healthy food. Wholesome snacks should include lots of vegetables and a variety of fruits. It’s the most delicious when you buy them in season.
Don’t go “cold turkey” either. Slowly increase your intake of healthy foods and decrease your junk food. The longer you keep this up, the more it will become a good habit. This is part of the power of repetition.
These 15 steps are all part of a balanced and flexible plan. Use it for as long or as short a time as you want.
1. Keep a note of everything that you eat and drink. You do not need to estimate calories. Just write down what it was that you had and the approximate quantity. You will find that being more aware of what you are eating helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Halve your intake of all pure or added fats. This means using half as much butter or spread on your bread, toast, muffins and potatoes; half the usual amount of mayonnaise or sauce on your salad; and half the oil in the frypan every time.
3. Limit treats containing sugar to three times per week. This includes chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc.
4. Include a lower fat source of protein at most meals: chicken, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt. Have eggs, nuts and red meat occasionally but not every day.
5. Plan at least one lunch and dinner every week without meat or cheese. Build those meals around whole grains, vegetables and beans to increase fiber and reduce fat.
6. Reduce the fat content in your milk products. If you are currently drinking whole milk, reduce to 2% fat. From 2% reduce to 1%. Choose lower fat cheese and yogurt. When you buy yogurt, also check that it does not contain sugar.
7. Have at least two servings of fruit every day. This can be for dessert or snacks. Choose fruit that is in season.
8. Drink water instead of sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcohol. Avoid diet soda – the sweet taste only encourages you to crave sugar. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be very refreshing in the morning.
9. Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner. If you are getting hungry, have more.
10. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
11. Grated carrot makes a great snack. You will find that a grated carrot is much more filling than a whole carrot. Strange but true.
12. Use whole grains wherever possible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also help your digestion.
13. Choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This means eating fruit instead of drinking juice. If you have soup, make sure it is chunky.
14. Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping too – make a list of what you need and stick to it. If you just grab something when you are feeling hungry, you will probably choose high calorie food.
15. Always switch off the TV when you eat. That includes snacks as well as meals. Studies have proved that we eat larger portions in front of the TV, probably because we are much less aware of what we are eating. When you eat, only eat if you want to lose weight fast.
Bonus #16. Take some apple cider vinegar before every meal. Some people might cringe at this as they head for their antacid tablets. Just because someone feels the symptoms of heart burn (acid reflux disease, or whatever), doesn’t necessarily mean they suffer from too much acid. It may be that they don’t have enough. Try it next time and find out…
…take your Tums with you (just in case) and put it aside. Now take 1, 2 or 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (depending on your fear level : 0 ). Bear the sour grin for a few seconds and wait another 10-15 minutes. It’s not all that bad : ( If you want, take a tiny swish of water just to clear the throat, but not too much.
Here’s the logic for doing it this way. If you do NOT have enough acid in your stomach and you take an antacid tablet, you could just be making the problem worse. If you have TOO MUCH acid in your stomach and you take the vinegar, you can just take the TUMS beside you.
By making sure that you have an ample supply of stomach acid to break down your food, more nutrients will be absorbed into the body rather than stored as fat.
* * * * * * * * * * *
These 15 tips to help you lose your desired weight will certainly put you on the right track. To get all the best and most successful weight loss resources that thousands of clients have already enjoyed, a super great product called Fat Loss 4 Idiots has taken the weight loss industry by storm. The site can be reached at www.NewFastWeightLoss.com.